11.07.2007

Oh My Cavalier!

I've never been quiet about my praise for Julianna Swaney's wonderful work, so I thought I might let you all know that there have been some extraordinary things pouring into her Etsy shop of late. As usual, it's dreamy, whimsical, magical...you get the picture.

If I could, I'd splurge on this set of three marvelous etchings, imbued with a sense of the macabre by their juxtapositioning of 18th century ladies decked out in all their finery with giant creepie crawlies. It's like Marie Antoinette meets Them!



For those with a more realistic budget, this bird girl with ruff print is wonderful. I love the richness of the deep orange paper, and the striking contrast between the background, the delicate line drawing and the white ruff.



Plus she's got loads of new holiday-themed goodies. My favorites of the bunch are these darling mouse gift tags. There is nothing like receiving a gift which is totally handmade, inside and out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love her work..you must stop by Shiny Squirrel and see what I have...the two prints are called Starlings and Ships.

I bought those mouse tags as well!!

November 9, 2007 at 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love her and have one of her prints. The bird in the ruff is so perfect.

November 18, 2007 at 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home