2.09.2007

Plaid Mad

So lately, as you may well know, I have been obsessing over this Alexandre Herchcovitch coat:


Here's another rather cute plaid look at the Fall shows, from Derek Lam. I love that the skirt is so high waisted...it's potentially very unflattering but it adds a little something, don't you think?


Here's the deal. I've never been a big plaid person. I have trouble with prints - and I'm not the sort of girl that can get away with mixing them, though I wish it were so. I like to focus on cut and detail and wear dark solids - blacks, greys, and blues mostly. It's more flattering, anyways. But boring? I hope not.

Anyways, that doesn't prevent me from coveting prints. It all began with this (sold-out) capelet from Minnie Wylde which was part of the auction for the Kim family.



It's clearly referencing Swinging London of the 1960s which has been on many design boards lately...as seen on this groovy Time magazine cover from April 15, 1966.



However, the styling and sleek cut keeps it modern and fresh. I have been seeing some pretty great vintage pieces, though, that do the job just as well.

This jacket, for example, from Ebay retailer Mama Stone Vintage is too cute for words.


I love the shawl collar and the big buttons and the lovely thick wool - doesn't it look cozy? Plus, it's belted and I do love me a waist.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home