3.13.2007

Hooked On These!

In the wake of Leann from Eclectic Detective's recent inspiring post on design for the disabled, I came across a particular link that has been bookmarked in my favorites for awhile. It got lost in the mess and I really want to share it with all of you.

One of my favorite stores, moss, has partnered with the Creative Growth Art Center in L.A. The center serves adult artists who are severely handicapped in some way and provides services such as art programs and counseling. They are producing these beautiful limited edition rugs which are hooked by hand. Part of the proceeds from each sale will go to the center. This is really an inspiring project and I have enjoyed looking at the beautiful results. A variety of different designers have contributed so each piece has a different feel. While prices are likely out of range for most, I just wanted to call attention to this impressive collaboration.




Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger LisaJay said...

Very cool project!

April 6, 2007 at 1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home