10.10.2007

O at Home

I've never been a big Oprah fan (gasp!) so you'll forgive me for admitting that I've never picked up one of her magazines. I didn't even know she had a shelter mag, but, well, we learn new things every day. I flipped through the Fall 2007 O at Home issue and I was seriously wowed by several of the features.

I loved their article promoting pillows as a stylish and easy way to spice up a room, particularly this exuberant, leafy display (surprise, surprise). They used a plain white IKEA couch, which forms a neutral backdrop for the pillows. I was impressed by this - most other magazines wouldn't have qualms about using the $8,000 chesterfield from Williams Sonoma Home instead (well, they use it elsewhere in the issue) but it's nice to be reminded of economical options. I sort of love those chunky legs!



What really got me was the apartment the magazine's editors spent decorating from scratch. I loved that they made a point of using resources accessible to all, and they picked things from all different price points. But most of all, I just thought it looked fantastic, and I was very jealous of the imaginary woman for whom it was designed, with "fun, fantasy and fabulous" in mind.

I won't belabor my obsession; I rather think the pictures speak for themselves. The look is colorful, fun, and altogether chic.









Finally, I thought their feature, One Hour, One Day, One Weekend was particularly of note to AT Cure participees. As the title suggests, they took one woman's apartment, which was already lovely, and made it spectacular in three steps, showing what can be accomplished in one hour, one weekend, and one day. This post is already super-long so I'm not adding photos. I'd recommend you check it out for yourself - perhaps it will inspire your own transformation.

I'm sorry about the dearth of posting lately but I've been very busy and my internet connection is straggling. I'm going to try to get a post up about my Cure progress tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanna Goddard said...

really fun. i'm going to pick one up today. thanks for the post!

October 11, 2007 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Blythe said...

Enjoy! ;)

October 11, 2007 at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home