9.27.2007

Gossip Girl...yes, really

Gorging myself tonight on my new guilty pleasure, Gossip Girl (shh!), I was struck by something that I just had to share with all of you here, risking possible humiliation in the process. I was really impressed by a particular set - not, as might be expected, of the array of tony Park Avenue penthouses, which feel appropriately cold and museum-like, but by Dan and Jenny Humphrey's bohemianish Brooklyn apartment. Their dad is a musician and gallerist, so I can see how they were trying to bring across a cluttered artsy vibe. Anyways, to me it was way cooler than spiral staircases, uncomfortable French sofas and mawble cahlumns...

The first thing that caught my eye was the inset bookcase, as artfully arranged as the hairstyle that you spend an hour fixing in order to appear as if you just rolled out of bed.



Little sis Jenny's bedroom was my favorite - I love the unexpected pop of pink against the teal, and that gorgeous kimono.



I had an awfully hard time finding a decent screenshot of the blue Chesterfield sofa and salon-style installation...and gave up. You get the idea, I hope.



Oh, and Serena's Vena Cava top was pretty awesome too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne said...

We love this colour of Chesterfield too, we are trying to find shots of the one on Silent Witness which looks suspiciously like this one! The whole set was amazing.

http://www.chesterfieldsofacompany.com/blog/

April 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home