5.03.2007

Wrapped Up in Books, part 2

As promised - admittedly a little late, but what can I say, midterms have finally caught up with me - today I'm going to strike the tip of the iceberg and talk a teeny bit about some of the book illustrations that have inspired me lately.

The idea for this post began with my recent discovery of BibliOdyssey, a fascinating blog which is a real visual treat. They track down all sorts of obscure books with the most extraordinary illustrations, on the widest range of subjects you could think of - three recent posts have highlighted humorously macabre anatomical sketches, hypothetical prehistoric landsapes, and satirical drawings by a female officer in the Royal Navy Service during World War II.

Some of my favorites culled from BibliOdyssey in no particular arrangement:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home