2.21.2007

Blue Ribbon

While I was in New York, I went to the MOMA Design Store. Pretty much a given, right? Well, what I didn't realize was that right next door was the store for the Museum of Arts and Design.

They had a wonderful gift shop - small, yes, but everything was carefully selected. Handmade objects by independent artists prevailed - scarves, jewelry, pottery, etc. And I was very excited to find that they stocked ribbon by textile artist Laura Foster Nicholson, whom my mom discovered on a day trip up to the Milwaukee Museum of Art to see the Biedermeier show, which I was very sad to miss.

I mean, this ribbon is seriously gorgeous. I just want to wrap my whole body in this Trees ribbon:


Or how about these chairs?


I love the dandelions, too:


Finally, for all of you knitters:


Best of all, everything is 50% off until Feb. 28th! So get thee to LFN Textiles.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home