2.03.2007

Yigal Azrouël

Israeli designer Yigal Azrouël wins the day as my fave fashion week kickoff show. Yigal's was one of my absolute favorite ny collections last season...I'm so glad that he did not disappoint this time around. I mean, he's not the new Victor & Rolf - he's no great visionary - but he designs clothes that have the power to make real women feel happy and comfortable in their own skins.

And that's something special.

Some of my favorites:




I love the nubbly, wavy texture in the first sweater. And the color palette - I'm seeing blues, greys and blacks all over, which happen to be my favorite wardrobe colors right now. Coincidence? I hope so. I wouldn't like to think of myself as simply a mindless sheep. Anyways, I love how all of these pieces stand out on their own structure (particularly that fab jacket with the prominent collar), yet they can be layered easily. And it wouldn't be difficult to integrate them into your wardrobe - don't you hate (but love) those fabulous pieces that are so extraordinary that you'd hypothetically have to buy a whole new wardrobe just to wear with them?
Me too.
My final thought -
Could anyone have predicted how influential last fall's Marc Jacobs collection would be, 2 seasons later? It's still reverberating, even now.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home